Synchronize your Mailchimp and SimpleTexting lists to pass emails and phone numbers between the two platforms.
To help prevent spam, some accounts must request permission prior to syncing their lists. If your Mailchimp integration is disabled, just get in touch with support. Please be sure to read about compliance here.
Once your account has been approved, you can get started.
1. Log in and go to Apps, then select Mailchimp Sync. (It’s the one with the winking monkey.)
2. Click the Connect now button.
3. Log in using your Mailchimp username and password. Click Allow.
Note: You must be logged into a Mailchimp account where the Mailchimp role is "owner." If you get an error message such as "Invalid Mailchimp user role: undefined", double check that you are logged in as the owner of the Mailchimp account, and not as a sub-user of some kind.
4. After you’re connected, select your confirmation option.
You can choose between Free Confirmation Notification, which simply sends a subscription confirmation, and Double Opt-In, which requires the subscriber to reply with their confirmation.
5. Click the green Add new sync button in the upper left.
6. Select the SimpleTexting and Mailchimp lists you’d like to sync.
Make sure you map your Mailchimp fields (right column) to the appropriate fields in SimpleTexting (left column).
7. Click Sync Lists.
After syncing, you’ll be returned to the Confirmation options screen, which should display the list you just synced:
You’re all set! Happy texting! 😀