(This is part 7 in the SimpleTexting 101 Beginners Guide to SMS Marketing.)
Who doesn’t love the chance to win something free? At SimpleTexting, we’ve got an app for that.
Text-2-Win lets you create your own contest and then use it as an incentive to get new subscribers. It’s keyword-based, so be sure you’ve got your keyword ready first.
Here’s how to set things up:
- Log in and go to Apps, then Text-2-Win
- Name your campaign—e.g., “PurplePeopleEater Short Shorts Contest”
- Select the keyword you want to use
- Write an auto-confirmation message for entrants—e.g., “You’ve entered for a chance to win a pair of short shorts signed by the one and only PurplePeopleEater!”
- You’re done; now you can rock
You don’t have to worry about selecting your winner (or winners)—SimpleTexting will handle that part for you.
Need to know if your subscribers are old enough to participate? Use the built-in age verification feature (18 or 21).
If you’d like to read about Text-2-Win in real life, check out the story we wrote about Unibroue’s Megadeth beer contest. Rock ‘n’ roll!