Who doesn't like winning free stuff? Sweepstakes have been a marketing staple for ages. They're super easy to host with SimpleTexting. To enter, all someone has to do is text in your unique keyword to your number. We'll randomly select a winner for you.
Follow Along with SimpleTexting Academy
Watch this two-minute video and you'll be ready to set up your first text-to-win contest.
Setting Up Your Text-to-Win Contest
1. If you haven't already, create a keyword for the contest. If you have already done this, skip this step. Your keyword is the word or phrase people will text in to your number to enter your poll.
2. Click Apps on the left-hand menu of your account.
3. Select Text to Win contests.
4. Click the Add contest button.
5. Give your contest a name. This is just for your reference.
6. Select the keyword you want to use. If you created a new keyword, it will automatically be selected.
7. Write your auto-confirmation message. Entrants will automatically receive this message when they text in your keyword.
8. Select how many winners your contest will have.
9. Check the age requirement box if you'd like to sent a minimum age for entrants. Be sure to comply with all local laws regarding sweepstakes.
10. Click Save.
11. When you're ready to pick a winner(s), click the three dots and choose Select winners. Our system will randomly select the winners for you.
You can also view the status (Active, Paused, Finished, Winners selected) of each contest on the Text to Win Contests page.
12. Click Notify winners to send a message to the lucky winners! You can even send them an MMS with pictures or video.
13. Done! You just hosted your first text-to-win contest!
Note: You can run Text-to-Win contests on both your primary and secondary numbers.
💡 SimpleTexting Tip: You can run multiple text-to-win contests simultaneously! Just make sure they are associated with different keywords. We also recommend creating a fresh list (with no contacts inside) for every contest.