Every unique visit to your site is an opportunity to collect a valuable piece of information—the visitor's phone number. This sign-up widget takes less than 30 minutes to create, customize, and embed on your site. Once it's live, it makes it possible for visitors to sign up for your texts in less than 3 seconds.
Here's an example:
"A widget like that? On my site? I have no development experience! And my designer is on vacation in Costa Rica!"
Shhh, no worries. We've got you covered with this step-by-step article.
Set Up a Keyword
A keyword is a word or phrase that people can text to your number to sign up for future messages. (E.g. Text DEMO to 855-900-8181.) Already have one? Move on to the next section. If you don't, visit this article first.
Create Your Trigger Button
This is the button that will appear at the corner of your website.
1. Add a label to your button. Make it something exciting like, "Click here for exclusive discounts." You can also change the look and feel of your button and adjust the colors under the Styling tab.
2. Toggle between the styling tab options (General, Buttons, Text) to fit your needs. Choose whether you want your button to appear at the bottom right, bottom, or left of your page. You can also decide whether you want the widget to open automatically, after a delay, and more under the Behavior tab.
Create Your Main Button
This is the button people will click to trigger the SMS app on their phone.
3. Add your keyword and your text-enabled number.
4. Just like with the first button, add your trigger text.
5. Change the colors, fonts, and borders until your heart is content.
Customize Your Pop Up
6. Now comes the fun part, make it pretty. Depending on your template, add a link to your logo or an image of your product.
7. Add the text that will convince visitors to sign up for your messages. You can click directly on the text within the preview to edit it!
Generate Your Compliance Info
9. Be sure to select how many times per month you plan to messages your subscribers.
Add It To Your Site
10. Click "Save & Publish" at the top right.
11. Check your email with instructions to add the widget to your site. Copy the code directly from your email.
12. Add it to your site's footer. Here's how.
13. Done! Now when someone visits your website, they'll be presented with your widget.