The easiest way to build a list of phone numbers is to add a sign-up widget to your site.
Here’s how it works:
First, someone clicks on the button to open up your widget.
When they click on the widget, it opens up their phone’s native messaging app with your phone number and text-to-join keyword pre-filled in.
All they have to do is click send to subscribe.
We offer enterprise customers access to our white-glove design service. In other words, we'll design your widget for you! Get in touch with our team to learn more.
You can also make a widget yourself using our free tool. Here's how:
Set Up a Keyword
A keyword is a word or phrase people can text to your number to sign up for future messages. (E.g. Text VIP to 978 242-0146.) Follow these step-by-step instructions to create one.
Create Your Trigger Button
This is the button that will appear at the corner of your website.
1. Add a label to your button. Make it something exciting like, "Click here for exclusive discounts." You can also change the look and feel of your button and adjust the colors under the Styling tab.
2. Toggle between the styling tab options (General, Buttons, Text) to fit your needs. Choose whether you want your button to appear at the bottom right, bottom, or left of your page. You can also decide whether you want the widget to open automatically, after a delay, and more under the Behavior tab.
Create Your Main Button
This is the button people will click to trigger the SMS app on their phone.
3. Add your keyword and your text-enabled number.
4. Just like with the first button, add your trigger text.
5. Change the colors, fonts, and borders until your heart is content.
Customize Your Pop Up
6. Now comes the fun part, make it pretty. Depending on your template, add a link to your logo or an image of your product.
7. Add the text that will convince visitors to sign up for your messages. You can click directly on the text within the preview to edit it!
Generate Your Compliance Info
9. Be sure to select how many times per month you plan to messages your subscribers.
Add It To Your Site
10. Click "Save & Publish" at the top right.
11. Check your email with instructions to add the widget to your site. Copy the code directly from your email.
12. Add it to your site's footer. Here's how.
13. Done! Now when someone visits your website, they'll be presented with your widget.
A widget is one effective way to build your list, but don't stop there! Take things a step further by creating a landing page for your text promotions.