If you tell customers that they can receive texts from you, they'll usually have two questions:
Why should I sign up?
How do I sign up?
It's a smart idea to create a landing page to answer both of these questions. Once published, you can promote this landing page on an announcement bar, Instagram, and via email.
No need to reinvent the wheel here. Just be sure visitors to the page know:
What’s in it for them? Make the benefit of subscribing crystal clear
Details about what kind of messages you’ll send
How often you plan to send messages
A form where they can enter their phone number
Here's an example from one of our customers, Baby Tula.
Follow the steps below to create a sign-up form for your landing page. Already have a sign-up form? You can use Zapier to integrate it with SimpleTexting.
Creating a Sign-Up Form
1. Click Apps on the left-hand side of your screen.
2. Select Web Sign-Up Forms
3. Click Create sign-up form or New form. (If you’ve already added at least one form, you’ll select New form.)
4. Give the form a name.
5. Build out the fields you want on your form. Phone numbers are required, but you can also add fields like Contact first name, Contact last name, Contact email, Note, and Birthday.
You can also choose which fields to mark “Required,” and decide which order they will show up in.
6. Under Settings, Choose whether to automatically push contacts that use the form into a list(s) (and specify the list or lists), or to prompt your contacts to choose which lists they want to join.
7.. Once you've adjusted your Settings, you can click over to Compliance on the top bar and choose when your compliance message will send, along with how many messages you plan to send your contacts.
8. You can also select Notifications on the right-hand side of the same bar to decide how you want to receive notifications, whether by email or SMS.
9. Write your Web Sign-up Form confirmation message. Your contacts will see this message once they complete your sign-up form.
This is a great opportunity to make the message your ownーthank your new contacts for subscribing, let them know what type of messages they'll receive, or even add in a special discount or offer.
10. Click Create form. Your form is ready!
Adding the Form to Your Website
1. Click Get code.
2. Copy and paste the code to add it to your website. You can insert the code to your website as a link, iframe or as HTML that can be styled to match your website.
Once your landing page is up, send an email to drive traffic to it!