If you tell customers that they can receive texts from you, they'll usually have two questions:
- Why should I sign up?
- How do I sign up?
It's a smart idea to create a landing page to answer both of these questions. Once published, you can promote this landing page on an announcement bar, Instagram, and via email.
No need to reinvent the wheel here. Just be sure visitors to the page know:
- What’s in it for them? Make the benefit of subscribing crystal clear
- Details about what kind of messages you’ll send
- How often you plan to send messages
- A form where they can enter their phone number
Here's an example from one of our customers, Baby Tula.
Follow the steps below to create a sign-up form for your landing page. Already have a sign-up form? You can use Zapier to integrate it with SimpleTexting.
Creating a Sign-Up Form
1. Click Apps on the left-hand panel of your dashboard
2. Select Web Sign-Up Forms
3. Click Create sign-up form. (If you’ve already added at least one form, you’ll select Add form instead.)
4. Give the form a name, choose the list you'd like to add the contacts to a select the fields you'd like to collect. The phone number field is added automatically.
5. Adjust the frequency field. This is how many messages you plan to send each subscriber every month.
6. Click Save. Your form is ready!
Note: If you are on one of our shared short codes, your subscribers who opt in through your web forms will be required to confirm their subscription by text, as well (known as double opt-in).
Adding the Form to Your Website
1. Click Get code.
2. Copy and paste the code to add it to your website. You can insert the code to your website as a link, Iframe, or as HTML that can be styled to match your website.
3. Done! Here’s what a web form looks like on the outside:
Once your landing page is up, send an email to drive traffic to it!