With keyword-based Data Collection, you can collect even more information from your subscribers to customize and segment your messages!
This app can be activated on your keyword(s) to collect one or more of the following data points or fields:
As you can see in the example below, each data collection point is pre-populated with a sample prompt when the corresponding box is checked.
Customize your prompts
Feel free to change those sample prompts to whatever happens to strike your fancy. You can choose a style or voice that personalizes the experience for your subscribers while making the exchange feel conversational.
For example, you could change the default First Name prompt to something a bit more interesting, like “What be thy name, friend?”
Just click inside the text box to edit the default prompt. Be sure to save when you’re finished.
What happens next?
When subscribers respond to your data collection prompts via text, their input is instantly associated with their mobile number and stored in your secure database.
You can access and export this data at any time, as well as use it to personalize messages.
Simply draft your message, insert one or more of the custom fields, and let our system do the rest!
- Choose, configure, and save your desired keyword first, then enable the Data Collection feature in Apps to get started.
- If a subscriber has responded to one or more of your prompts, their data will be available for the custom fields feature. If a subscriber does not respond (or partially responds), then the fields where their data would be will show up as a blank space in messages.
- If you enable data collection on a keyword that you’ve already used (or are currently using) to add subscribers to a list, the active subscribers won’t receive prompts. The Data Collection feature is only activated when new subscribers opt in to your keyword.
- Here’s an easy workaround for #3—set up a new keyword for data collection, then send a message to current subscribers on your other list(s). Invite them to text the new keyword to 555888 at least 24 hours in the future … in other words, not right away. If/when subscribers to your old keyword opt in to your new keyword, they will receive the Data Collection prompts. This workaround lets you collect data from your legacy subscribers while ensuring that any new subscribers automatically receive the prompts when they join your list.
- The Note field allows you to prompt your subscribers to respond with practically any information that you can think of: dietary restrictions, disability-related needs, birthdays, zip codes, favorite sports teams, favorite Weird Al Yankovic albums, and more.
- Be sure to check with your organization’s compliance team or legal counsel regarding the type of information that can and/or should be collected via the Note field. Text messages are not a secure form of communication or data transmission, and the transmission of personal information, passwords, or protected/confidential information via SMS is strongly discouraged.